Even though many people travel in the summer, or are busy with summer school, or just feel like laying around the pool, there are still activities taking place in the Upper Room during the summer. Most summer activities are designed for Community Building. It is a great way to get to know one another better. So, if you are in town, and looking for something to do on a Sunday night, check out our summer Upper Room Schedule. Download this schedule on this blog site. Activities for Summer include our annual game of Softball at Mesa Park, a summer Movie night, a Wii challenge night, and Upper Room Film Fest hosted by the new Core Team for this coming year. Also, we may be getting a new Upper Room over the summer. If this happens, we will need lots of help painting and getting it ready for the Fall. Your help may be needed. Stay tuned to this blog and your email for more information.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
2013-2014 Alive in the Spirit - Confirmation Preparation ProgramWe have opened up registration for the 2013-2014 Confirmation preparation year at Holy Spirit.
General Requirements for Confirmation Preparation at Holy Spirit:
1. Must be in 10th grade or above at the time of Confirmation (teens can enter the program in 9th grade)
2. Must participate in a two-year preparation program (even if they attend Bishop Gorman or Faith Lutheran High School)
3. Must participate in the Confirmation Retreat (which is during the second year of preparation)
Please download the full program overview for complete details and the outline of dates throughout the program.
To register for the Confirmation program,
1. Download and registration form from this blog site and complete all the information necessary.
2. Drop off the Registration form to our offices (corner of Russell Rd & Mesa Park Dr. behind the three big wooden crosses, during normal business hours M-F 8am-4pm (closed 12-1 for lunch). Or...
3. You may also scan and email the form to: LouieL@cox.net Or..
4. Mail: to Holy Spirit Catholic Church 5959 S. Hulalpai Way, Las Vegas, NV 89148
5. Include the full payment of $50 deposit as well as a baptismal certificate.
6. Those registered in their Formation Year (Year 1) last year do not need to re-register.
Call Louie Latina, Director of Youth Ministry (702)597-9272 for more information about the Confirmation Preparation Program.